Monday, July 2, 2007

Time To Stop

Hey Bear.

I sure do miss you. I'm not used to the house without you in it. It feels funny...weird even.

I saw something the other day....

I had a guy come in the office who was my age and he has emphysema. He has a little boy about 5 or 6 - he won't ever see his boy graduate college, and will miss out on a ton of things to do with him.

I always thought that emphysema was for older people who had already lived most of their life....he's to young Bear.....I'm to young.

I don't want that to happen to me. It scared the shit out of me...the possibility that I might not be able to be there for you and your brother, especially while you're little......

so I'm quitting...and so is your dad, we're doing it together.

Hopefully, the house will be smoke free by the time you come home.

I'm not doing so good. I've smoke 1 cig, and 2 half cigs today....but considering I would have smoked well over half a pack by now, I guess I'm doing okay.....

but I will do better Sweetness. I want to see you play with my grand kids, I want to see you grow old.

I want to see Connor grow into a man, and you into a lovely young woman.

I'm workin on it kiddo. I'm working on it.

5 comments:

carmachu said...

Good job! You're getting there kiddo....one day at a time...

Superstar said...

WOW. If he is that young he could get a lung transplant...2nd chances. My Mom is still here thanks to that. Of couser she wasn't a smoker..but still.

Happy to have you back!

Mary said...

Hubby is 4 weeks smoke free...and every day is a challenge. But he's doing it. Hang in there!

Sayre said...

Good for you! It's not easy, but definitely worth the effort. I quit three years ago. Has it been that long? It's hard to imagine me as a smoker now, even though I did it for 15 years. One day at a time, one craving at a time. You will succeed! And one day, you won't even miss it.

Pendullum said...

Nikki, my sister has almost quit for anentire year...and she swears by the method her and her husband did it by...
I'll ask her again about it...(I have never smoked... but Holy Mama,nothing worse than a reformed smoker... as all my sister talks about now how bad it is... blah blah blah...and I know she would love to have the floor again to talk about the way she did it...and this time I wil llisten...For you.... and your family....)